• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Question About Save-All And Crashes
Not quite sure what has caused the latest string of server drops. Seems to be some ram management issues within game or could be all the redstone devices etc...

But, the main thing is, I am considering giving the /save-all function to all Donator and up ranks. This would mean at ANY point you could simply do /save-all and do a sort-of catch up back up.

We do daily backups with multiple days of recovery but this would give you an option to not lose, say, 30 minutes or 4 hours of work etc...

I can't see any real drawback to this as it takes no extra resources to run, can be run many times throughout the day and offers no game-breaking functions.

If you know of something that would conflict with this let me know, but if not I will do this tomorrow on the 11th.

Thanks for looking Smile

"Nihil Sine Fide"
Sounds like a good idea! Big Grin

if people use the save command will the server lag and if so couldn't donors abuse these and lag/crash the server..

thats the only thing i can think of, sounds like a smart decision that the community can help each other out!

Quote:Sounds like a good idea! Big Grin

if people use the save command will the server lag and if so couldn't donors abuse these and lag/crash the server..

thats the only thing i can think of, sounds like a smart decision that the community can help each other out!
Nope, no chance of lag or over-buffer. Basically it just does a quick data dump to the hardware. Since we already have most of the data backed up from that morning, it's just a matter of syncing up what's changed.

The ONLY time I have seen a save-all lag is when we had contests going and many many people building huge structures all at the same time. I apologize that it didn't happen today as I had to make some long drives to take care of business. I will set this up for tomorrow 7/12 and that's a promise Smile
"Nihil Sine Fide"
From what I see, I didn't loose any data after the crashes, but it would still be nice to have. I cannot see any drawbacks at all to it.

[Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_ml7afo1rug1snbeyao1_500.gif]
Quote:From what I see, I didn't loose any data after the crashes, but it would still be nice to have. I cannot see any drawbacks at all to it.

Well good. Also, it's enabled now so at any point you wanna make sure just do /save-all  Smile
"Nihil Sine Fide"
Quote:Well good. Also, it's enabled now so at any point you wanna make sure just do /save-all   Smile

Just did it and it works, for DE at least!
[Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_ml7afo1rug1snbeyao1_500.gif]