• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photoshop
Is there only one Software of "
PhotoShop?
"...
"If one day the speed kills me. Do not cry, because I was smiling"
If you mean other alternatives, there are a few.

There is GIMP, it is extremely similar to Photoshop though not as powerful.

I cannot think of the others off the top of my head, and they aren't really worth listing - GIMP is the best free alternative I think you'll find.

There are multiple versions of photoshop... I use the newest: Photoshop CS6. However as you would expect, there is also CS5, CS4 etc etc. CS5 and CS6 are the most widely used. If you are buying it for student purposes you can get huge amounts of discounts for using it as "student software". I payed less than half for my copy.

[Image: Survivor.png][Image: DonorX.png]
[Image: xegaming+jao+userbar.gif][Image: Guide.png]
ohhh i was thinking of using

"
Adobe Photoshop
" 

Quote:There are multiple versions of photoshop... I use the newest: Photoshop CS6. However as you would expect, there is also CS5, CS4 etc etc. CS5 and CS6 are the most widely used. If you are buying it for student purposes you can get huge amounts of discounts for using it as "student software". I payed less than half for my copy.
"If one day the speed kills me. Do not cry, because I was smiling"
Quote:ohhh i was thinking of using

"
Adobe Photoshop
" 
That's what he was listing - the "CS#" parts were separate versions. Photoshop is fairly expensive, but it's very much worth it. I am also a student, and I know people that get even more discounts on creative software on top of that, so I have it for barely anything, but it's definitely worth the price - if you're serious about that kind of stuff.
As of now Adobe is moving there software to CC status, They are doing away with the CS # series as they want to internalize their upgrade process. They also offer it monthly subscriptions now.

I had purchased the full commercial license Adobe Production Premier CS 5.5 and that only had about 9 titles included. I was qualified for the discounted subscription rate so I pay 32 Dollars a month now for access to the ENTIRE

Adobe CC suite including the live/tv/behance features and all training/tutorials. Normal price is 49.99 a month for the Adobe CC suite but you can reduce that by being a student as noted, or if you had purchased any production packs from CS 3 and up. 

Photoshop, Gimp, Corel Draw, Paintshop Pro, and a few others are all good, some free , some not even close.  Ask yourself what you need to do with this software to help determine what you need.

Simple photo editing and logo design? Gimp is fine...

Want to create Gifs, HDR images, advanced shading and painting? You would need one of the more higher powered applications.

If you have any questions, I am in process of getting my Adobe Certifications so just ask, that includes any assistance needed with actually using the software too.
"Nihil Sine Fide"
Quote:As of now Adobe is moving there software to CC status, They are doing away with the CS # series as they want to internalize their upgrade process. They also offer it monthly subscriptions now.

I had purchased the full commercial license Adobe Production Premier CS 5.5 and that only had about 9 titles included. I was qualified for the discounted subscription rate so I pay 32 Dollars a month now for access to the ENTIRE

Adobe CC suite including the live/tv/behance features and all training/tutorials. Normal price is 49.99 a month for the Adobe CC suite but you can reduce that by being a student as noted, or if you had purchased any production packs from CS 3 and up. 

Photoshop, Gimp, Corel Draw, Paintshop Pro, and a few others are all good, some free , some not even close.  Ask yourself what you need to do with this software to help determine what you need.

Simple photo editing and logo design? Gimp is fine...

Want to create Gifs, HDR images, advanced shading and painting? You would need one of the more higher powered applications.

If you have any questions, I am in process of getting my Adobe Certifications so just ask, that includes any assistance needed with actually using the software too.
I have the adobe subscription suite as well. Turns out that you can't get older versions of lightroom and that v5 wont run on OSX 10.6.8 -.-
[Image: Survivor.png][Image: DonorX.png]
[Image: xegaming+jao+userbar.gif][Image: Guide.png]
Quote:I have the adobe subscription suite as well. Turns out that you can't get older versions of lightroom and that v5 wont run on OSX 10.6.8 -.-
Oh icky. hence why PC MASTERA....I mean uh......jk Smile kinda...

"Nihil Sine Fide"
#PAINT.NET

Good 2 learn basicz