• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downloadable User Created Schematics?
Are we able to copy and save certain projects for sharing by creating them as a schematic?

(I made a huge post but then lost it due to "the backspace of death" GRRR)

If a user creates a cool house or shop and wants to save it for sharing to his server or just to the internet, are we able to do that?

http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldEdit/Cli...and_saving

I know that PunJedi needs to first send them over to the user and make sure that it's done securely and efficiently, but if that's too much of a problem, can we do that? 

[Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_ml7afo1rug1snbeyao1_500.gif]
This wouldn't be too hard to implement. I could easily allow it so you can save a schematic but not load one (to save any major exploits or breakages). Let me mull that over with staff a bit and we will let ya know.

"Nihil Sine Fide"
Quote:This wouldn't be too hard to implement. I could easily allow it so you can save a schematic but not load one (to save any major exploits or breakages). Let me mull that over with staff a bit and we will let ya know.

Great! Can't wait to see it on the server! My only thought is, how are you gonna get it so it saves to the users pc and not to the server?
Quote:Great! Can't wait to see it on the server! My only thought is, how are you gonna get it so it saves to the users pc and not to the server?

That won't happen. It will be a matter of me taking the file and either emailing it, or just providing a link to the schematics directory for download. I might just set up a separate download folder for the schemes and let people access that.

This is where naming the schematic properly will help.  Don't do like awesomeuberbuild1.schematic but more like RTMainhouse.schematic or etc..
"Nihil Sine Fide"
Quote:That won't happen. It will be a matter of me taking the file and either emailing it, or just providing a link to the schematics directory for download. I might just set up a separate download folder for the schemes and let people access that.

This is where naming the schematic properly will help.  Don't do like awesomeuberbuild1.schematic but more like RTMainhouse.schematic or etc..

That's what I thought. I think email is much more secure, but slower. If someone saves a schematic that only they want, how can only that user download the schematic if it's on the download page?

As I am writing this, I realized that it would be even easier if you can PM the schem through Discord. Oh and don't worry about the names of the schematics I save. My homes are usually saved as orginized names, for example: FinalSpaceNeedleBaseOutside xD