• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ip Blocked?
Okay, so for some reason, I can't access the Minecraft server or the website from my home IP. I'm on a laptop using a different network so I can write this post.

I was Skyping with my friend choochoobob123 and told him to ask why I couldn't get on. Mrkaboommm1 said that it was because I was using too many VPNs and my IP got blocked. When asked what a VPN was, Mrkaboommm1's reply was only "Google it". I did Google it, and it didn't male any sense to me.

I know I didn't do anything wrong, and I'm definitely not a hacker, so please help!

i donz want to hurt you, fam.

Does anyone else that uses your IP play XEgaming and been banned?
The swaggy dinosaur ~~~
A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, such as the Internet. It enables a computer or network-enabled device to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if it were directly connected to the private network, while benefiting from the functionality, security and management policies of the public network.[1] A VPN is created by establishing a virtual point-to-point connection through the use of dedicated connections, virtual tunneling protocols, or traffic encryption. Major implementations of VPNs include OpenVPN and IPsec.

A VPN connection across the Internet is similar to a wide area network (WAN) link between websites. From a user perspective, the extended network resources are accessed in the same way as resources available within the private network.[2] One major limitation of traditional VPNs is that they are point-to-point, and do not tend to support or connect broadcast domains. Therefore communication, software, and networking, which are based on layer 2 and broadcast packets, such as NetBIOS used in Windows networking, may not be fully supported or work exactly as they would on a real LAN. Variants on VPN, such as Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), and layer 2 tunneling protocols, are designed to overcome this limitation.

VPNs allow employees to securely access their company's intranet while traveling outside the office. Similarly, VPNs securely connect geographically separated offices of an organization, creating one cohesive network. VPN technology is also used by individual Internet users to secure their wireless transactions, to circumvent geo restrictions and censorship, and to connect to proxy servers for the purpose of protecting personal identity and location.
The swaggy dinosaur ~~~
Quote:Does anyone else that uses your IP play XEgaming and been banned?
I have the only Minecraft account using my network

Quote:A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, such as the Internet. It enables a computer or network-enabled device to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if it were directly connected to the private network, while benefiting from the functionality, security and management policies of the public network.[1] A VPN is created by establishing a virtual point-to-point connection through the use of dedicated connections, virtual tunneling protocols, or traffic encryption. Major implementations of VPNs include OpenVPN and IPsec.

A VPN connection across the Internet is similar to a wide area network (WAN) link between websites. From a user perspective, the extended network resources are accessed in the same way as resources available within the private network.[2] One major limitation of traditional VPNs is that they are point-to-point, and do not tend to support or connect broadcast domains. Therefore communication, software, and networking, which are based on layer 2 and broadcast packets, such as NetBIOS used in Windows networking, may not be fully supported or work exactly as they would on a real LAN. Variants on VPN, such as Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), and layer 2 tunneling protocols, are designed to overcome this limitation.

VPNs allow employees to securely access their company's intranet while traveling outside the office. Similarly, VPNs securely connect geographically separated offices of an organization, creating one cohesive network. VPN technology is also used by individual Internet users to secure their wireless transactions, to circumvent geo restrictions and censorship, and to connect to proxy servers for the purpose of protecting personal identity and location.
Why is this a bad thing?
i donz want to hurt you, fam.

Most likely the DDoS protection we run didn't like how many connections you had to Xe. I have it set to 200 connections per IP. That means, if you are logged into the website, forums, game, and our teamspeak all at once, You run the risk of being seen as a DDoS'er.

I can't risk setting it any higher as it would allow the actual DDoS to make it through. Best I can do is unblock your IP, and hope that you can maintain less connections to our server.

I don't like it anymore than the rest of you but in this day in age it's a simple fact of interwebs.

Thank you. 

Also, some of our securities might not like VPN connections if you are using multiple or from a location that isn't well secured.

"Nihil Sine Fide"
Quote:Most likely the DDoS protection we run didn't like how many connections you had to Xe. I have it set to 200 connections per IP. That means, if you are logged into the website, forums, game, and our teamspeak all at once, You run the risk of being seen as a DDoS'er.

I can't risk setting it any higher as it would allow the actual DDoS to make it through. Best I can do is unblock your IP, and hope that you can maintain less connections to our server.

I don't like it anymore than the rest of you but in this day in age it's a simple fact of interwebs.

Thank you. 

Also, some of our securities might not like VPN connections if you are using multiple or from a location that isn't well secured.
Right when you said Game, forums, and teamspeak i immediately shut teamspeak off xD but didn't know that. 
[Image: 05583159509114921.png]
Haters gon' hate the Nether.